Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: The Descent (movie)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    The Descent (movie)

    who has seen it and want to give their theory.
    from what I've seen they're 3 possibalities of how this movie played out.

    if you have not seen it and don't want to have spoilers don't read past this point.
    SPOILERS:

    first theory and the "natural" one is that everything really happened. They go on an adventure that turns deadly when they get lost in a cave and discover evolved humans that function in total darkness.

    second theory is that when they get trapped in the cave Sara goes crazy, kills all her friends because she thinks she sees the "crawlers"

    third theory, and maybe the most far reaching but something that is making more and more of a strong case is that nothing ever happened. It was all a dream while Sarah is in a coma fighting for her life. the reason I think this could really be the case is when she "wakes up" in the hospital and she pulls all the monitoring stuff off of her and gets up walking in the hospital no one, not a single doctor or nurse is alerted to this and when her friend is holding her on the floor not a single person looks at them. no one, like they are not even there.

    I don't know which the director had in mind or maybe all three to leave it open to debate but it was a pretty decent horror flick.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Descent (movie)

    It was good, although I wouldn't necessarily call it horror.

    I do wish they wouldn't have ripped off Jeff Long's title.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Descent (movie)

    how about suspense
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Descent (movie)

    That sums it up nicely. Some might call it horror, but those same people most likely call the SAW series horror as well.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Descent (movie)

    That book by Jeff Long is great...have you read it?
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •